- Want to Fight the Cold and Flu Season? Wednesday, 18 January 2017
- Cooking Healthy On a Budget Tuesday, 20 December 2016
- Slow Down with a Slow Cooker Friday, 16 December 2016
- Save Room for Dessert! Benefits of Cocoa Powder Monday, 12 December 2016
- Detox Diets: What gives? Tuesday, 29 November 2016
- Tips to Stay Trim this Thanksgiving Tuesday, 22 November 2016
- Sugar Hide and Seek Thursday, 10 November 2016
- Tips For Staying Healthy this Fall Continued Friday, 04 November 2016
- Trick or Treat Wednesday, 26 October 2016
- Pumpkin Everything Monday, 10 October 2016
Indoor cycling is a highly effective, low impact cardio workout that's suitable for all fitness levels. Check out some of the benefits:
1. Improved Cardiovascular Fitness
ACSM recommends that healthy adults participate in aerobic physical activity for a minimum of 30 minutes, 5 days per week or vigorous intensity, aerobic activity for a minimum of 20 minutes, 3 days per week.
Our indoor cycling classes will keep your heart rate up for the entire class. Done consistently this can lower your blood pressure, LDL cholesterol and reduce your resting heart rate.
2. It's a Major Calorie Burner
If your health and fitness goals include weight and/or fat loss indoor cycling is for you. According to Spinning.com, a person can burn between 400-600 calories in a 45 minute indoor cycling class. Combine a few classes per week with a healthy diet and watch the scale move.
3. It's Low Impact
Even though indoor cycling is a high intensity workout, it's very low impact. If your bike is set-up properly you won't leave class with aching knees, hips or ankles. In fact, many people recovering from orthopedic injuries use indoor cycling to help get them back on track.
If you've never tried indoor cycling I challenge you to give it a try. Come to your first class a few minutes early and ask the instructor to help set up your bike. If you have any injuries or limitations let the instructor know and they'll help you modify when necessary.