Post workout nutrition is a very important and often overlooked step. It has been proven to provide numerous benefits including improved recovery, glycogen replenishment, and decreased muscle soreness. Before diving into what post workout…read more
Fit Academy is a summer day camp for young people aged 5 to 12. Campers will experience daily group exercise, games, nutrition education, cooking lessons, and extraordinary fun! Fit Academy promotes healthier lifestyles for ALL children. The camp is open to Wellness Center members and non-members, and will operate in one-week sessions from June 17 through August 9.
Registration will begin on Monday March 25. Register by dropping by the Wellness Center or by contacting Heather Casey (828) 266-1066.
- Who: Young people aged 5 to 12, members or non-members
- Where: Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center
- When: June 17 – August 9, week-long sessions
- Camp Hours: Arrive between 7:30am and 8:00am, pick up at 4:00pm daily
- Fee: $120 per week (limited scholarships available)
- Activities include: Hiking, gardening, swimming, nutrition classes, cooking classes, daily group games and activities, fitness classes, bowling and so much more.
- Registration: Parents can choose to register their child for the entire 8 weeks of camp, or pick and choose weeks for the summer.