Cooking with Casey
MARCH 16 – APRIL 6
Learn basic cooking skills, try tasty snacks, and learn about the basics of nutrition!
Throughout this class your child will learn basic kitchen safety skills and increase their confidence in helping prepare meals in the kitchen. They will also learn the basics of nutrition focusing on sugar, healthy carbohydrates and protein, and how to build a balanced plate. Your child will leave the class feeling accomplished and excited about cooking healthy meals, snacks and desserts.
- For children ages 8-10
- The class will be held every Monday evening from 4:00 – 6:30 from March 16, 2020 to April 3, 2020
- There will be 10 spots available
- Cost is $125 per child
- Sign up at the front desk
- Call (828) 266-1060 for more info
Let your child get comfortable in the kitchen, make new friends, and explore the world of nutrition.
- tie dye aprons
- learn basic kitchen safety skills
- prepare fun, healthy snacks focused on fruits and veggies
- Learn about sugar, its sources, and why we should limit it
- Prepare healthy desserts to learn about and try alternatives to traditional favorites
- Learn about MyPlate, what it is and how to use it to build a healthy, balanced plate
- Prepare healthy, packable lunches and talk about how they fit
- Prepare a homemade, family style Italian meal
- Each child is encouraged to invite up to two family members to join them on the final night of class at 6:30 to enjoy a handmade Italian meal and discuss their favorite parts of the class
About Your Instructor
Meet Heather Casey
When Heather isn’t working, she enjoys being active through hiking and running, and enjoys participating in and watching sports. Her desire as a Registered Dietitian is to help teach, encourage and motivate each individual on his or her journey towards wellness.
Have questions? Use the form below to contact us or request more information.