We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we follow State and County regulations for your safety. We know you have many questions about what to expect! This communication should prepare you for your return to the gym. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. You will find all necessary contact information at the conclusion of this communication.
Our goal is to make the Wellness Center a safe place that is in compliance with state and local healthcare officials. We will follow guidelines and policies outlined by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System and the Governor’s office.
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE LOCKER ROOMS, except while in the shower stall. This includes TO & FROM the shower, and TO & FROM the pool.
- Social distancing is required in the locker room space.
- Each member must assume this risk: The locker rooms are the most dangerous part of the Wellness Center as it relates to Covid-19, due to a higher humidity, limited amount of air flow, and historic difficulty in the ability to maintain social distancing. You enter the locker rooms at your own risk. If you are worried about the risk associated with the locker room, we invite you to use one of the other lockers on the 2nd floor to store your belongings.
Group Exercise Classes and Weight Room
- Masks must be worn at all times in our facility.
- You can remove your mask while actively engaged in exercise if you can maintain a social distance of at least 10 feet in all directions. This includes while in a group class, using cardio equipment, and while actively exercising in the weight room.
- Group exercise classes have capacities set so that each participant can maintain social distance.
- Reservations for classes can be made online, via our member app, or by calling the Front Desk.
Available for Members
- Weight Room
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- CrossFit Gym / Basketball Court
- Therapy Pool (Physical Therapy Referral)
- Aqua Arthritis Classes (Provider Referral)
- Lap Pool Swimming (Lane Reservation Required)
- Locker Room
- Massage Therapy
- Virtual and Indoor Group Exercise Classes
- Personal Training
- Virtual & In Person Nutrition and Health Coaching
- Indoor walking track
Wellness Center Committment
- A safe, clean and disinfected environment
- Additional Hand Sanitizing Stations
- Additional Disinfectant Wipe Dispensers
- Cardiovascular Equipment spaced 10-15 feet apart
- Plexiglass placed inbetween equipment that can’t be spaced
- Employees required to wear a mask while working
- Increased sanitation and disinfecting protocols
What if I'm high risk?
- We completely understand your concern, and are encouraging all people who are higher risk to come to the facility Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm. These times have historically been lower volume. These times will be constantly monitored, and will be updated here once a week.
- Continue to take advantage of our virtual options.
Temporarily Suspended or Closed
- Racquetball reservations
- Towel service
- Cooking classes
- Birthday parties
- Sign electronic liability waiver once, or daily in person waiver (REQUIRED)
- Wear a mask over nose and mouth in the building unless actively exercising.
- Respect capacity limit for group exercise classes.
- Scan in when you come into the facility.
- Bring your own hydration, or purchase from the Front Desk. (Bottle filling station is available)
- Maintain appropriate distance of at least 6 feet, or 10-15 feet while exercising
- Wipe down machines and equipment before and after use