New Year, New You!
The Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center has served the High Country since 1998. Our 63,000-square-foot Wellness Center is more than just a gym. Our amenities include an indoor track, therapy pool, lap pool, racquetball and basketball courts, a variety of fitness classes, a fully equipped cardio gym, locker rooms, and childcare services. On Saturday, January 5th we’ll open up our facility for the community to see what we have to offer. Stop by between 8:00am – 2:00pm and be a “Member For a Day.”
Our event begins at 8:00am and ends at 2:00pm. We have a variety of classes and events planned and plenty of staff to answer questions and give tours of the facility.
The Wellness Center Scavenger Hunt!
Do you have what it takes to complete our scavenger hunt? We’ve created a fun way to tour the facility, gather information, and meet/greet with staff. Take classes, see the various workout areas, talk to our staff and more to complete this challenge. You’ll have to get signatures from the staff to complete the challenge and get entered into our grand prize drawing. This year we’ll have two grand prize options. Get a free membership for all of 2019 or get (2) 16 session personal training packages.
Try Our Classes!
In addition to a fully equipped weight room and cardio floor, we’ve got an extensive group exercise class schedule. For our New Year, New You event we’ve picked some of most most popular classes for you to try. Every class is suitable for all fitness levels. Here’s a description of the classes we’ll be offering for our event.
- Yoga: Postures and breathing techniques that can lead to increased flexibility and strength, relief of physical and mental tension, enhanced functioning of all the body systems, and an overall sense of health and well-being.
- Indoor Cycling: A smooth, safe cycling workout welcoming participants of all fitness levels. Experience the reality of the mind/body connection that is the core of obtaining complete fitness and health.
- Zumba: Fuses hypnotic latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic workout that will blow you away. The routines feature interval training sessions where fast and slowrhythms and resistance training are combined to tone and sculpt your body while burning fat.
- Water Fitness: This is a hi-lo impact class in the pool . Instructors may use kickboards, weights, and noodles for a fun and exciting water based fitness class.
- Body Challenge: This class will work each body part for one hour. In that hour you will challenge your body through endurance and strength training.
We’ll be offering two classes of yoga and indoor cycling to accommodate our New Year, New You participants.
Donate to Double Up Food Bucks and save money on your membership!
Save money and help build a fair and vibrant local food system. For every dollar you donate to Blue Ridge Women In Agriculture’s Double Up Food Buck’s program, we’ll double that amount and give you that amount off your membership fee.*
Members are able to donate to Double Up Food Bucks in the following ways:
- Donate directly online at brwia.org/doubleup#donate
- all donors will be sent an automated receipt that they could share with your receptionist
- Donate through the High Country Food Hub online market every Thursday – Monday
*We’ll give you up to $80 off your initiation fee and first month’s fee.
New Year, New You Fitness Package!
Get a jump start on your 2019 goals with our New Year, New You Fitness package. Stop wasting time and let one of our trainers develop a program specifically designed to get you to your goals as fast as possible. The package includes a body composition analysis, 3 personal training sessions (1 Hr each) and a 30 minute consultation with our dietician. This package also makes a great gift!