We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we carefully review rules and regulations to plan for your safe return. We know you have many questions about what to expect! This communication should prepare you for your return to the gym. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. You will find all necessary contact information at the conclusion of this communication.
Our goal is to reopen the Wellness Center slowly, safely, and in compliance with state and local healthcare officials. We will follow a phased reopening plan outlined by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System and the Governor’s office. Our operations will be modified as we slowly re-engage with our members and eventually our community.
Opening Date: To be announced. We will set an official opening date and timeline for our Moderate Engagement activities once the state announces the plan to move forward into Phase III.
Available for members with social distancing
- Therapy Pool – Rehab Hour (M-F 12:15pm – 1:00pm)
- Aqua Arthritis
- Virtual Personal training
- Virtual Nutrition and health coaching
- Virtual group exercise classes; The Wellness Center has been providing free virtual content during the Stay Home mandate. The content remains available on our Facebook page and website. We will continue to provide virtual content for an undetermined amount of time for members through a private Facebook group. Non-members and guest will be able to purchase virtual classes for just $10 per month.
Wellness Center Committment
- A safe, clean, and disinfected environment for your return.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations and additional disinfectant wipe dispensers.
- Cardiovascular equipment will be spaced 15 feet apart to ensure recommended distancing.
- Employees will be screened for fever, using a touchless thermometer, each time when entering the building.
- Employees will be required to wear a mask when working.
- Increased disinfecting protocols.
- Maximum Capacity 75 members per hour based on the Medical Fitness Association recommendations.
Temporarily Suspended or Closed
- Onsite group exercise
- Lap pool swimming (Begins 6/8/2020)
- Weight Room
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- Childcare reservations
- Racquetball reservations
- Towel service
- Locker room
- Indoor walking track
- Self-serve coffee
- Cooking classes
- Birthday parties
- Personal Training and Massage Therapy
- Participate in touchless thermometer temperature screenings.
- Answer a simple questionnaire regarding illness and travel.
- Sign a daily waiver acknowledgment (REQUIRED).
- Respect signage and staff guidelines.
- Refrain from gathering in groups inside the facility.
- Please stay in the building for (1) hour or less to allow other members access to the facility because of our occupancy control limits.
- Wear a mask upon entering or exiting the building and between activities. A mask is NOT be required while actively participating in exercise. The wellness center will not provide mask for members- you must provide your own mask or face-covering.
- Bring your own hydration or purchase from our front desk. Water fountains will be temporarily unavailable.
- Maintain appropriate distance of at least 6 feet, or 10-15 feet while exercising.