We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we carefully review rules and regulations to plan for your safe return. We know you have many questions about what to expect! This communication should prepare you for your return to the gym. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. You will find all necessary contact information at the conclusion of this communication.
Our goal is to reopen the Wellness Center slowly, safely, and in compliance with state and local healthcare officials. We will follow a phased reopening plan outlined by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System and the Governor’s office. Our operations will be modified as we slowly re-engage with our members and eventually our community.
Locker Rooms Re-Open 3/22/21
- MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE LOCKER ROOMS, except while in the shower stall. This includes TO & FROM the shower, and TO & FROM the pool.
- There is a strict capacity limit of 8 people at any given time in the locker rooms.
- Social distancing is required in the locker room space. Please follow the marked number for the amount allowed into each space.
- If you enter, and the locker room is at capacity, please WAIT outside until a space is opened up before entering.
- Each member must assume this risk: The locker rooms are the most dangerous part of the Wellness Center as it relates to Covid-19, due to a higher humidity, limited amount of air flow, and historic difficulty in the ability to maintain social distancing. You enter the locker rooms at your own risk. If you are worried about the risk associated with the locker room, we invite you to use one of the other lockers on the 2nd floor to store your belongings.
Child Care Services Resume 3/22/21
- Child Care services are complimentary with your membership.
- You can reserve a space up to 2 days in advance, and for 2 hours at a time.
- Child Care is available for children ages 6mo old – 9 years old
- Reservations can be made online, via our member app, or by calling the Front Desk.
- If you have not reserved it in advance, you may do a drop-off if there is space available.
- Child Care Schedule: Monday: 8:00am – 11:00am, Tuesday – Friday: 8:00am – 1:00pm
*Update to Video below: Effective Nov 24th, 2020 Gov Cooper’s Executive Order No. 180 requires masks in any public indoor space, regardless of social distancing, at gyms even while exercising.
Masks must be worn over chin and nose at all times when inside the Wellness Center, including during intense exercise. (Masks do not have to be worn while swimming.)
Available for Members
- Weight Room
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- CrossFit Gym / Basketball Court
- Therapy Pool (Physical Therapy Referral)
- Aqua Arthritis Classes (Provider Referral)
- Lap Pool Swimming (Lane Reservation Required)
- Locker Room (Open w/ reduced capacity)
- Massage Therapy
- Virtual and Indoor Group Exercise Classes
- Personal Training
- Virtual & In Person Nutrition and Health Coaching
- Indoor walking track
- Childcare reservations (Open for members March 22, 2021)
Wellness Center Committment
- A safe, clean and disinfected environment
- Additional Hand Sanitizing Stations
- Additional Disinfectant Wipe Dispensers
- Cardiovascular Equipment spaced 10-15 feet apart
- Plexiglass placed inbetween equipment that can’t be spaced
- Employees screened for fever each time they enter the building
- Employees required to wear a mask while working
- Increased sanitation and disinfecting protocols
What if I'm high risk?
- We completely understand your concern, and are encouraging all people who are higher risk to come to the facility Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm. These times have historically been lower volume. These times will be constantly monitored, and will be updated here once a week.
- We also encourage higher-risk members to download the app, or check the Capacity Counter on the Wellness Center Home Page
- Continue to take advantage of our virtual options.
Temporarily Suspended or Closed
- Racquetball reservations
- Towel service
- Self-serve coffee
- Cooking classes
- Birthday parties
- Answer a simple questionnaire regarding illness
- Re-activate your membership at the Front Desk
- Sign electronic liability waiver once, or daily in person waiver (REQUIRED)
- Wear a mask over nose and mouth in the building at all times.
- Respect capacity limit for Weight Room, Cardio Floor and Track areas (Currently set to 50 per area)
- Scan in and out to help manage our Capacity Counter for the building
- Bring your own hydration, or purchase from the Front Desk. (Bottle filling station is available)
- Maintain appropriate distance of at least 6 feet, or 10-15 feet while exercising
- Wipe down machines and equipment before and after use