We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we carefully review rules and regulations to plan for your safe return. We know you have many questions about what to expect! This communication should prepare you for your return to the gym. As always, please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. You will find all necessary contact information at the conclusion of this communication.
Our goal is to reopen the Wellness Center slowly, safely, and in compliance with state and local healthcare officials. We will follow a phased reopening plan outlined by Appalachian Regional Healthcare System and the Governor’s office. Our operations will be modified as we slowly re-engage with our members and eventually our community.
Opening Date: September 7, 2020. As we enter phase 2.5, the Wellness Center is able to open at 30% capacity. Please read the information below, to see what our guidelines are for this current phase.
Class Schedules and Facility Hours. Please click on the following link to view our most up to date facility hours, and class schedule offerings: Schedules and Hours.
Available for Members
- Weight Room
- Cardiovascular Equipment
- CrossFit Gym / Basketball Court
- Therapy Pool (Physical Therapy Referral)
- Aqua Arthritis Classes (Provider Referral)
- Lap Pool Swimming (Lane Reservation Required)
- Locker Room (For Lap Swimmers ONLY)
- Massage Therapy
- Virtual and Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
- Limited Indoor Group Exercise Classes
- Personal Training
- Virtual & In Person Nutrition and Health Coaching
- Indoor walking track
Wellness Center Committment
- A safe, clean and disinfected environment
- Additional Hand Sanitizing Stations
- Additional Disinfectant Wipe Dispensers
- Cardiovascular Equipment spaced 10-15 feet apart
- Employees screened for fever each time they enter the building
- Employees required to wear a mask while working
- Increased sanitation and disinfecting protocols
- Max Capacity of 75 members at any given time
What if I'm high risk?
- We completely understand your concern, and are encouraging all people who are higher risk to come to the facility Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 4:00pm. These times have historically been lower volume. These times will be constantly monitored, and will be updated here once a week.
- We also encourage higher-risk members to download the app, or check the Capacity Counter on the Wellness Center Home Page
- Continue to take advantage of our virtual options.
Temporarily Suspended or Closed
- Childcare reservations
- Racquetball reservations
- Towel service
- Self-serve coffee
- Cooking classes
- Birthday parties
- Participate in touch-less thermometer temperature screenings
- Answer a simple questionnaire regarding illness and travel
- Re-activate your membership at the Front Desk
- Sign electronic liability waiver once, or daily in person waiver (REQUIRED)
- Wear a mask over nose and mouth in the building at all times, except when directly participating in exercise. Masks are also required when moving in between exercises.
- Respect capacity limit for Weight Room, Cardio Floor and Track areas (Currently set to 25 per area)
- Scan in and out to help manage our Capacity Counter for the building
- Bring your own hydration, or purchase from the Front Desk. (Bottle filling station is available)
- Maintain appropriate distance of at least 6 feet, or 10-15 feet while exercising
- Wipe down machines and equipment before and after use