THRIVE Health Management Programs
Our redesigned THRIVE Health Management Programs give you the education & resources that you need to be successful in successfully managing your health and wellness. Each program is tailored to accommodate your needs if you qualify for that program. Furthermore, by participating you‘ll have access to all that the Paul H. Broyhill Wellness Center has to offer including a friendly & knowledgeable staff, premier fitness facility, and more!
Click on each program to find out more, including any forms needed for entry to the program. You can also contact us for more information.
- Recreation based program to help with improving your confidence and abilities after you have suffered a stroke.
- Game therapy which incorporates multiple sports and games designed to improve different aspects of your physical and mental health after a stroke.
- Team-based approach including exercise specialist, physical therapist, and participant.
More info coming soon
Cancer Exercise Program
- This is a 10 week long program that includes 2-90 minute exercise programs a week. The 90 minute sessions include a vital and fatigue assessment, proper warmup, aerobic activities, strength activities, and a proper cool-down from the instruction from one of our exercise specialists.
- The goal of this program is to help you with your transition from treatment to regular exercise, increase your energy and reduce fatigue associated with cancer treatments, provide knowledge and accountability related to exercise, and help you meet great people who are on a similar journey as you!
- This program is for anyone who has graduated into survivorship from the cancer center. A consultation from the Rehabilitation Center must be complete upon entry to the program.
Diabetes Self Management
- Learn the knowledge to self-manage your Diabetes
- Regularly scheduled exercise classes and self-management classes to prepare you for success.
- Accountability partners with staff & peers to help you stick to a plan
Living With Chronic Pain
- Land and aquatic therapy designed to help you manage your chronic pain.
- Great if you have arthritis, fibromyalgia, lymphedema, and more
Parkinson's Exercise Program
- Diverse exercise program which encompasses boxing, dance, and more to help with Parkinson’s and Parkinson’s related symptoms.
- Fun and safe environment to better control your symptoms!
Post-Rehab Exercise Program
- The goal of Post-Rehab Training is to get each patient back to their optimal functional level. This is done through specific and targeted planning tailored to your needs and goals.
- Our Post-Rehab Specialists partner with PT & OT to create the best possible plan to optimize patient outcomes & reduce the risk of future re-injury.
- This training is for anyone who has completed a Physical Therapy recovery plan, and is still in need of further assistance to achieve their optimal functional level, or for someone who wants to work concurrently with a Physical Therapist for additional assistance with less of a financial commitment.
Prevent T2 & Weight Loss
- Evidence-based weight-loss and type 2 diabetes prevention program designed by the Center for Disease Control.
- Receive the tools and knowledge to prevent obesity and type 2 diabetes.
If you would like more information on any of our Thrive Health Management Programs please contact us through the form below.